Dancing 101 – A Guide to Teaching Contra Dancing
Presented by CONTRALAB
Contra Dance 101 is a comprehensive manual for square dance callers to introduce Contra dancing to their classes, square dance clubs, or community dance programs. It introduces the basic definitions, figures, movements, dance formations, contra music, contra calling principles, background, and history.
The workbook/manual includes:
- A brief history of Contra dancing.
- Written instructions for teaching the basic dance movements, broken down into six easy lessons that can be further broken down into additional sessions.
- The text is supplemented with diagrams illustrating dance formations, dancer positions, and dance progressions.
- Detailed descriptions for 20 contra dances.
- A CD with appropriate dance music.
- Teaching and calling aids.
Contra Dancing 101 Order form:
Please submit the following information by mail or email:
City & State: __________________________________________
Zip Code or Postal Code:________________________________
School or Organization:_______________________________________________
$ _______ for (Number)____ Contra Dancing 101 Workbooks @ $20.00
$ _______ for (Number)____ Shipping (if not picked up at time of order) @ $5.95
(cost for USA only -- inquire for shipping to other countries)
$ _______Total Due
Send orders or inquiries to:
Contralab/Contra Dancing 101, c/o 223 South Hill Road, Versailles, KY 40383
Phone: 859-608-1944, Email: email@example.com